I'm pretty sure I'm taking Prune to protection spec as soon as he hits 60, since he'll be running instances most of the time. I've taken a look at the talent calculator, and I have a spec laid out. Wondering how it looks. Zrog, I know you've been prot specced for a while. What do you advise?
- Concussion Blow is nice, but a lot of bosses & other things you wanna stun are immune to it. It does have it's uses.
- Improved Revenge has the same issues, but is also a proc.
- As far as I know, Shield Slam is used as a rage dump against MC bosses, as you generally don't have a lot of rage to spare while tanking (at least I don't). Really nice when tanking a single mob though.
- Might wanna make a macro that tells people when you use Last Stand. I'm not sure how noticeable the animation for it is, and chances are that when you use it, you still wanna be healed.
- Cruelty isn't really useful to a tank. You don't need to crit, although it's nice for the sudden rage. If you're looking for more points, I think you could spare these 5.
60 Warrior (H), 70 Shaman (H), 70 Mage (A), 70 Rogue (A), 7 Priest (A). I play every class. I *had* too much time on my hands... Feel free to ask for advice. If needed, I am willing to use my Alliance characters to help with non-instance quests. Just let me know.
Post by The Zrogfather on Oct 17, 2005 15:26:13 GMT -5
I think your build is ok, Prune... the extra crit% is always nice for duelling, as is Concussion Blow.
My build is very similar right now, if not identical (can't remember exactly).
I was considering cheaping-out on a few of the Prot talents like Impr Revenge, a few points of Defiance, and Improved Shield Bash to get these from Fury:
+5% crit Improved Demo Shout (5/5) Piercing Howl
... although I'm not really sure. I have been finding lately that it's VERY hard to hold aggro on a mob when everyone else can out-DPS me quite handily. When I tank a lot, and end of pulling as MT rather than charging (the Off tank, however, gets to charge), I find I hardly ever leave Def Stance... and maybe I could get away WITHOUT Tactical, but it would severely gimp my solo and PVP abilities (not that they are great now, either).
P.S.- I also LOVE Concussive when fighting multiple mobs, because it means I can pretty much ignore one mob for 5 secs while I solidify aggro on the others.